The statement reflects the consensus from the most recent, independent, expert global forums on the acute and chronic health effects resulting from Radiofrequency Radiation (RFR). The statement clarifies the medical community’s serious concerns surrounding the deployment of 5G and the continued use of RFR in public spaces.
Urgent action is required to protect the health of humans and wildlife.
During the last four decades, there has been an exponential increase in ambient radiofrequency radiation (RFR) that continues to rise at an unprecedented rate. In addition, the increases occupy an unnatural portion of the frequency spectrum and now reach intensities of up to 1018 (quintillion) times higher than natural, background levels of RFR. Typical maximum daily exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation from man-made and natural power flux densities in comparison with International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection safety guidelines.
RFR is emitted by mobile phones, base stations, Wi-fi enabled routers and computers, cordless land line phones, security systems, fitness watches, baby monitors, many other modern devices including wearable tech, internally emitting devices and products advertised for use close to foetuses or newborn babies. 5G will include higher frequencies transmitted by directional phased array antennas which have not been premarket safety tested under realistic conditions in combination with existing emissions. Additionally the planned Internet of Things (IoT) will lead to higher cumulative exposures. International independent experts agree that this evolution is not safe for deployment.
Existing emissions have already been shown to damage biological systems within lifelike exposure parameters. Damages include: increased cancer risk, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damage, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans and the addition of higher frequencies and overall increased exposures are therefore predicted to
cause further health damage.
Public Health Crisis:
1. RFR has been proven to damage biological systems at intensities below ICNIRP* guidelines.
2. Public exposure to RFR is already harmful and will rise with the deployment of 5G.
3. Exposure is unavoidable, contravening the Human Rights Act for those who do not consent.
4. Multiple international governmental health advisory groups are biased by conflicts of interest.
Required Urgent Actions:
1. Immediate moratorium on 5G, wireless smart metering and any other new RF emissions.
2. Establishment of public safety limits to be biologically protective against adverse health effects.
3. Withdrawal of Wi-fi, wireless phone and other RFR emissions from within / near all schools.
4. Designation of low EMR* areas to protect those who are unwell or do not consent to exposure.
5. Education programmes to inform medical professionals on EMR related illnesses / effects.
6. A zero tolerance approach to industrial influence on public health policy and assured exclusion of those with conflicts of interest from official advisory bodies.
*ICNIRP: International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection
Full Physicians’ Health Initiative for Radiation and Environment (PHIRE) Statement can be found here: